I can't say much about Valvoline Max Life from personel experience but my buddy next door runs it in his old nissan hard body and it has 350k showing and the speedo hasn't worked in 2 years. He drives the hell out of it too, so I'd say its pretty good $hit.

I don't know what your wanting to run it in but I'll tell you my experience on my jeep wrangler with 4.0L/242c.i. I6. I was running 5w30 royal purple and adding a quart every 1500-2000 miles. I changed to regular old dino oil and consumption slowed a little. I changed to a heavier oil, 5w 40 rotella T6 synthetic and I went from 1 quart every 1500-2000 miles to a half quart every 5k. It gets good uoa's on bobstheoilguy also.

Win win, cause I run it in my bikes and mowers, and many people run it in 4 stroke outboards. Shell calls it their universal oil. $19.57 a gallon at hogmart. I'll be basting next years thanksgiving turkey with it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner