I finally got an order off to starline for some brass. I have kind of attachment to 38.40, as it was the first handgun i ever fired at about age six, a colt bisley saa, belonging to my father which i still have. It has inscribed inside the grip it killed a grizz in mexico, and it did work in killing a guy on whiskey row in the 30's.
I think the last time it was fired was circa 1955 or so. My father did carry it as a cop in prescott.
I finally bought a ruger convertible to shoot 38.40. I was cleaning up some 50's vintage ammo, that had some green on the casings, and white on the lead jacketed softpoints, and thinking it's fully the equivilent of the .40s&w.
The .45colt has stayed with us, you would think the 38.40 would be more popular than it is.
I haven't wanted to shoot this ammo, as it was with the gun just short of two boxes from my dad's time, but am gonna load up the new brass for the ruger.

I did have a colt collector guy tell me those colt bisley's in 38wcf were quite popular at the turn of the century. Over even the mighty .45colt.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/16/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO