A few years ago, I booked a Spain hunt for Beceite Ibex thru Cabelas. Thankfully, I made travel arrangements myself, although they tried mightily hard to do so for me.

Cabelas was totally unaware of regulations regarding firearms- even though I was not going to take a rifle, Spanish rules required paperwork as though I were bringing a firearm. None of this was done, until I discovered the situation 2 weeks before departure. Fortunately, the outfitter was able to grease some palms, and get the necessary paperwork done for me.

I was also told that Barcelona was going to be our point of arrival, so we made plans to stay in Barcelona for a few days before our hunt. Also, a few weeks before departure, Cabelas contacted me with arrangements to be met in- Madrid! At this point, I was ready to cancel the entire trip. After much haggling, it was arranged for us to be picked up in Barcelona, as we were originally told, which was much closer to our hunt area anyway.

Bottom line, is this: I wouldn't use Cabelas to book a rabbit hunt!
Several months after the hunt, I related this story to a former Cabelas manager. He just shook his head, then said that in more recent times, Cabela's quality control and personnel had really gone downhill.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....