Originally Posted by Tally_Ho
Jeff Lester - Hunt Hard Outfitters
Van Hale - Van Hale Outfitters

I have hunted with both in Arizona, Unit 1/2 and Unit 27, and have friends who have hunted New Mexico with them. I am hunting with Jeff Lester in New Mexico, Unit 16A, this October. Both are top notch,good luck!

Neither one is anywhere near top notch. I know both well. They will get the job done but there are probably better options if you are serious. Jeff is pretty heavily vested in his apparel and pack lines, Van is a numbers guy. If you want personal service, there are better options. Neither one of these guys are going to actually guide you so who knows what you will get.

I have guided for Steve Chappell and he is as good as it gets when it comes to making sure you are taken care of. There are some other guys that consistently kill nice bulls too.

All this talk about Arizona is a moot point as you have no chance of drawing a decent tag here as a non-resident with no points. You are better off looking in Colorado or private land in NM. I have no opinion on anyone's guiding business in New Mexico including Van and Jeff. Good luck in your quest.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.