New Knights come with DBC from the factory. They're all stainless, but it's supposed to make it easier to wipe out.

I started using Ballistol when I was shooting a .54 Pedersoli flinter. I'd found a little surface rust in the barrel after cleaning with hot water and using another oil afterwards. I cleaned it up with Ballistol and bronze wool, then started cleaning with a diluted Ballistol-water mix (1-5) and never had another problem. Beats the heck out of a bucket of stinky water and trying to get every nook and cranny dry. Even mixed 1-10, Ballistol prevents rust, so no worries if a little solution remains in the barrel. Any solution left will just mix with the straight Ballistol used as a protectant. You can also use it straight to clean, which I do for BH209. Straight or diluted, it's also a good patch lube.

Ballistol will gum up a bit as the solvent base evaporates, but the gum is still very slippery. It also will stiffen up in really cold temps like 0F, but if it's that cold, my old, fat, ass is generally indoors.

What fresh Hell is this?