I'm gonna try to make this as short and not whiney as possible lol. I had to sell 3 rifles in the spring of last year due to losing my job at UPS, I was off work for a good while but once my grievance was finally heard I ended up getting my job back and all has been good since. So fast forward. Hunting season is fast approaching and the rifles I sold were my 700s. Left me without my 2 that I use for deer season and my 221fb that I use for cats and coyotes. I really hated to sell but it was either that or my some of my Muskie rods, reels and tackle....so the guns had to go.

Im doing good with finances again, but I'm still short on my rifles. I'm still not ready to drop the amount of $$$ I had tied up in these 3 but I do need something to get me through deer season and predator season until I get my tax returns and can start building back up.

I hate the look and feel of most of those entry level rifles and really don't care for plastic stocks but I think I'm gonna just have to deal with it for this year. I'm Thinking of a ruger American in .243 and maybe topping it with a vx1? Maybe picking up a used 700adl for roughly the same price? What would you guys so if you were in my shoes? I'm not a big .243 fan but that's about as dual purpose as anything and should be easy to resell later on.

So what say the fire?