Originally Posted by gnoahhh
A few days ago while shooting down at my hunting pard's farm, another guy showed up who was a self proclaimed "expert". My buddy assured me I would enjoy meeting him as he "really knows his stuff". I had my '03A1 Springfield, Winchester 54 .30-30 bolt gun, and a couple Savages with me. After criticizing me soundly for shooting cast bullets so much ("You'll ruin your barrels"), he flatly refused to shoot any of my rifles because of the 2-stage triggers on the bolt guns ("They mess you up for shooting 'real' guns") and because the Savage 99s (1899s, actually) are weaker than bolt actions and as such are dangerous to shoot [sic]. He then proceeded to brag about the multiple deer he killed with the rig he had with him- a Remington of some sort, .300 magnum of some sort, Hubble telescope on top that I swear was 1/2 as big as the rifle, and a bipod (of course)- utilized for scraggly whitetails in close range brush. After shooting, and stashing the guns, we all settled back for 'beer and bullshit'. After an hour or so more of listening to his inane pronunciations, I finally had enough and sort of blew up at him and told him to get his head out of his ass and make an effort to learn something instead of depending on old wive's tales, slick gun rag 'writings', and latrine gossip. I definitely did not make a new friend on Saturday...

Sounds like a real piece of work. I wouldn't have made it 5 minutes with a clown like that. These days my patience is about zero though.

LOL