Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by huntsonora
There is better stuff out there. Redline SI-1, gumout with Regane, chevron with Techron all work and all have PEA which is what you want.

Stabil Marine works good and I will actually use that in a 50/50 mix with marine ashes 2 stroke engine oil and use it at the rate of 1oz per 5 gallons of gas. It will keep gas fresh, keep everything lubed and the detergents in the 2 stroke keeps everything clean

+1 for Redline SI-1, Gumout and Techron. I've also added some Marvel as an UCL in conjunction with the Redline, but have no proof it did more than ease my worrying.

I'm going to try your 50/50 mix at 1:640 with my ethanol fillups. I've been buying real gas and adding regular Stabil for a couple rigs I don't drive as often, as well as ALL of my small engines.

What brand of ashless 2-stroke oil do you use? Royal Purple gets good reviews, but costs almost as much as Marine Stabile. When combined, and added at the above ratio it only adds about .10c per gallon, so it's not bad I guess. I have a tendency to over-think these lubrication issues though.........

I like the Pennzoil marine semi synthetic that I can get at Walmart. Its good stuff. You have to get the TCW-3 Ashless stuff. As long as it has that rating you're golden. If I am going through gas pretty quick I will just use the 2 stroke, if my vehicles sit I will use the Stabil Marine/2 stroke blend