Hey everyone. I'm starting to feel like I done screwed up royally. Had a new rig built recently. A trued M700 with a Bartlein 5R pipe in 30/06. Should have been as boring a project as there ever was. Yipes! I don't know if it's the 5R barrel or what,but this thing WON"T group. Anything. Think of a cow pissing on a flat rock sort of accuracy. I've run both 4350s,760,RL22 & RL17. Bullets from 150gr through 180gr. A-MAxes,Ballistic Tips,Hornady Spire Points,Speer Hot Cores and Partitions. There is some glaring problem I can't identify. 2 scopes and 2 sets of mounts so far. One brand new Leupold 3.5X - 10X and a proven VXII 4X - 12X. The last one in new Burris Signatures on Warne steel bases. Pulled that scope off of my one hole Tikka. Can' think there is a problem there. We are talking 3" groups @ 100 yds on a good day. Worse on a bad day. The whole works is bedded in a B&C Medalist. This is my first 5R. First Bartlein as well. And by far the worst shooting custom rifle I've ever seen. Anyone here have a ray of hope to offer? The smith that built it is going to take another look at her,but I really don't know what he will find that he could have missed when he built her. This SUCKS.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."