('Course, Birdie will try to take his crotchie through that one at 50+ --- and he'll be in the weeds too laugh laugh )

Amazing. 250,000 miles on bikes here, often at triple digits, only went "into the weeds" but one time. Got lucky, walked away without scratch despite no helmet, the bike was bent up some tho.

Curviest road I've ever taken is the Dragon between NC and TN.. I was too busy to count, but I think I changed gears well over 500 times inside of those eleven miles..then I turned around and drove it back again.. eek My clutch hand was aching after that ride..

Anyways here's a couple of photos of my "crotchie" at and near the 'Dragon', which I somehow survived.

FWIW we did find the Tail of the Dragon to be somewhat over-rated.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.....too much motorcycle traffic moving only as fast as the slowest link, which, lets face it, is almost always hefty old guys on Harleys, sometimes with their brides on board. And we got roads right here in the Texas Hill Country that are every bit as much fun to ride.

And one thing I learned bicycling across the US last summer... America has a crapload of old guys on loud bikes, everywhere you look. So regardless, during Sturgis, I can say from much experience that trying to hustle a bike down decent roads in such company is most likely gonna be an exercise in frustration at best.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744