Originally Posted by Bull_Elk
Thanks all for the quick replies. For the past week or so, I've been trying to talk myself into buying the 11-87 but with already owning a couple 1100's with multiple barrels, it's a struggle.

I certainly understand your dilemma, you did not say if your existing Rem 1100's are right handed guns so I assume they are. Like most left handed shooters I have shot right handed 1100's, Beretta 390's and my favorite the Winchester Super X model 1 for years with no issues.

My son who is also is left handed stated shooting scholastic trap at night. The flame that came out of the ejection port of the 390's and Super X's would blind him for a moment. I shot the right guns for my self and was flamed by the ejection. We both were shooting reloads with Hodgdon clays powder. The flame during extraction is not visible in day light hours. I found him a Rem 1100 left hand trap for him... problem solved.

All our right handed shotguns are gone now except for one Winchester Super X 1. All have been replaced with 2 Rem 1100 traps, a Rem 1100 lefty 20 gauge and a 20 gauge lefty 870.

Doc