I have a XL Big Green Egg, large Big Green Egg and Kamado Joe JR. In my opinion both BGE and KJ are equal value when it comes to quality and warranty.

From what I hear for customer service from KJ has a much faster response time, mailing replacement parts right to your door and not sending the replacement part on the next shipment going to a dealer closest to you.

Also KJ is at a lower price and comes with the basics without charging additional for the basic accessories (Fire Grate, Fire Box, Fire Ring and Ash Tool) like BGE does.

For me to make a final decision between BGE and KJ boils down to if I plan on installing it in a table or keeping it in the nest. If it is going in a table I would chose KJ, but if I was keeping it in a nest I would go BGE because of their Nest Handler accessory. I shattered the base of our large BGE moving the grill and immediately when replacing the larges base I added the Nest Handler to both our large and XL.

Last edited by MossyMO; 07/26/15.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.