Hello,

I'm looking for advice on an asking price for this rifle. The action and barrel are completely original, a 1952 375HH. The rear sight is complete and correct with no damage, all holes are undamaged and the only bluing wear spots are the usual marking from a rear peep sight and a bit of bluing loss mid-barrel, likely from leaning in a safe.

The stock and floor plate are custom. It is a Duane Wiebe one-piece bottom metal and Dakota sling mounts. All the screws are clocked, and the ebony fore end has a widow's peak curve to it. The cheek rest has a shadow-line contour. I'll see what this post looks like and add some more photos if needed. The file size and number limit is a bit of a problem.

I'll probably put it up on gunbroker or gunsinternational, or offer it here if there is interest. I understand that custom guns, like custom cars are not often valued as the sum-of-their-parts, but this rifle is in a pretty nice piece of walnut that benefited from a lot of attention to detail. The metal, as mentioned, is original and in very good shape. This was a fun rifle to carry brown bear hunting on Kodiak, but it is time to let it go. I'd appreciate some opinions on how to price it.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images
BLOG7670.JPG (65.92 KB, 136 downloads)
BLOG7669.JPG (69.88 KB, 83 downloads)
BLOG7702.JPG (57.72 KB, 77 downloads)
BLOG7695.JPG (69.76 KB, 80 downloads)
BLOG7683.JPG (95.03 KB, 74 downloads)