Good stuff. Man I love those old pictures!

So on the topic of trigger finger discipline....there was this one time at Band Camp.....no, no, it was actually at the shooting range in Fairbanks Alaska off of South Cushman...you know, the difference between a fairy tale and a war story? Fairly tale starts off with, "Once upon a time," and a war story starts off with, "This is no sh*t."

So here's my Trigger Finger War Story.

So there was this Army grunt with his buddy at the bench next to us (friend and I). I also had one of my boys. Well, anyway, he has this derringer that he is shooting. Well, about the time he's ready to shoot, a yellow-jacket comes along and he gets all wound up and starts swatting at it, dancing around in circle like a crazy man - with the derringer in his hand.

I yell, "Hey, what the hell are you doing?
"Nothing..."
Is that gun loaded?
"Um. no...."
That's when his ultra-bright buddy says, "yes it is!" and I see that it's cocked as well.

Packed our stuff up right then, got my kid in the car and went back to Mr. GI Joe and explained a few things to him.

Sorry - probably belonged in Grew W's range thread, but being the ADD person I am, I thought I would share a trigger finger story!

Last edited by Akbob5; 07/27/15.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~