I am hoping to do a moose hunt in Newfoundland, and will use my Remington 700 .300 Winchester Mag. I used Nosler Partitions on an elk hunt last year and they did their job fine on that hunt, but I'm intrigued by these Barnes bullets and would like to try the,. Does anyone have any doubt that they would not kill a moose in my rifle (dumb question, I'm sure), provided they shoot well enough? Also, is there any real difference between the TSX and the TTSX in performance? From what I have seen the tipped bullet has a little better BC, but in actual on game performance is there any difference?

Part of the reason I am asking is when I was hunting in WY, a hunter came in while I was there and shot a bull elk with them in a .338 RUM, and the bullet was literally stopped on the shoulder of the elk. The hunter and his guide were scratching their heads on that one,it was a good shot and was confirmed when they skinned the bull, but that was after a lengthy follow up and several more shots. I believe it was a 225-grain TTSX that the hunter had the failure with. It was a failure, too- the guide was convinced after the bull was down that it would not have killed the elk given the penetration from the initial shot. I know "stuff" happens, but I just wanted to make sure this was an isolated incident, before I spend much time finding a load my rifle likes with these bullets.

Heal quickly and don't scar.