not wanting to hijack atvalaska's thread on corn fritters, but inspired by local dirt's comment, I will give y'all, free of extra charge, my world famous conch fritter recipe.
This was the number one selling appetizer at my seafood restaurant. Back then, I'd have to shoot you for peeking at the recipe, but now that I no longer make a living off of it, it's yours.
Conch Fritters
5 pounds of prepared Conch
Two beaten eggs
One bell pepper, course chopped
One large yellow onion, course chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 cup sifted AP flour
1 Tsp baking powder
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tsp ground dry Thyme
1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
1/3 cup half and half or cream

Pound the conch meat, cut into chunks. Place half the Conch meat and one egg into the food processor. Work until you get a fairly smooth paste. Process the second half the same way. Set aside.

Place the next 4 ingredients in the food processor, and pulse until fine chopped. Scrape this into a large mixing bowl, add the conch meat and egg mixture.

Sift the flour with the next 5 ingredients. Add the dry ingredients, along with the cream, to the mixer bowl with the vegetables and conch meat/egg.

Using the Kitchen Aid mixer, mix on low speed until a stiff batter is formed. Use more, or less cream as needed.

Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Dust your hands with flour, and form the mix into golf ball shape and size portions.

To cook, drop the fritters into 375F oil. Flip once or twice to cook them evenly on all sides. When they float, and are golden brown, they should be ready. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside.

Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite hot sauce !

Sam......