Most BH 209 users agree that above-100 grains enters the sweet spot/accuracy of that powder. Most use either 110 or 120. Most weight their powder for better consistency. Most do not swab between shots either.

Word-of-note.... This is not the best time of year to dial-in. Too darn hot for both you and the inside of that bore. I'll probably wait until mid-September before returning to the range, here in Lower Michigan. It's been averaging near 90 degrees here lately.

Another thought is to try another bullet maker, although that SST is considered one of the most accurate on the market today. Want another option that won't bite the wallet hard?..... either the 260 or 300 grain Harvester Scorpion PT Gold. Buy them in 50pks for best savings and use your own sabots..... either short Harvester or crushed rib. Just do a Google search on what I have in bold above. It takes you to their website. You can buy the sabots there too.

I would suggest a milder primer too...... Winchester 209s. Those T/C breechplugs handle Blackhorn well and you don't need that powerhouse CCI-Mag primer. The Winchester will keep things cleaner around the firing pin and are easier to remove.

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 07/28/15.