Originally Posted by reelman
It looks cool but they put the stupid Savage style trigger in it, that's a killer for me.

I feel just the opposite. If I choose to re-arrange the wording, I might say the gun looks stupid and the trigger, oh boy, not cool but it works. That front blade allows a justifiably (lawyer) paranoid company like Ruger to provide a very very nice trigger.

I used to hate the look of the Savage with accutrigger. And I test fired a Ruger 77 and though that was two guns I had no use for ever. That 77 trigger was unbelievable, god awful bad. Fast forward. I own a Ruger American and now that excellent trigger looks ok to me. Form follows function. Rambo styling for the sake of cool, that is another story.

If it turns out the future of rifle accuracy looks like this Ruger, my view of ugly may change. For now, I have my choice (up or down $$$) of Kimber,Cooper,Browning,Sako,CZ,etc for a more to my style, traditional look, and just as accurate shooting a gun.

I am always pleased to see a fine company like Ruger successful. I wish all buyers of this gun the best. On a personal note, I wish Ruger took the American action and offered a higher-end varmint/target gun with a traditional look. I dont know if that would sell. I dont even know if I would want one. Just more the direction I would like to see.