It's always fun to take my brother in law to the range. One time he hands me an almost straight walled case and asks "why does my brass look like this?" I check the head stamp and it reads 35 REM then I look at his H&R Handi rifle and it reads 35 Whelen! I tell him the problem and his response is "They aren't the same thing?"

Later that year we go to the range again. I figure everyone makes mistakes and he learned his lesson. He now owns a Ruger #1 in in 270 Weatherby. After 2 misfires his rifle finally goes bang but doesn't sound right. It won't extract the case and he asks for a little help over here. I have a little flat blade screw driver handy and dig the case out. It's a .270 Winchester! How it fired in the rifle I'll never know. The primer was gone before I started digging it out. After telling him what he's done AGAIN he stated he thought a .270 was a .270 and this brand was a lot more affordable than that Weatherby stuff! cry

He asks me recently about getting into reloading. I told him maybe we should hold off for awhile wink