Several years ago, I had a very heavy .222 bench gun that I used for testing. I purposely had the chamber cut so that it would shoot standard factory ammo (Hugh Henriksen reamer).

One of the many "oral handloading History" theories I wanted to test was full-length sized ammo versus neck sized ammo,

I shot about 600 rounds in the Leupold underground rifle range, trying to find an answer.

The neck sized ammo won, but just by a little and I'm not sure if the difference was statistically significant. I never wrote an article about the test, but the NS shot average five-shot groups abut .05" tighter than FLS.

I kinda suspect that if I reshot the test, the roles might be reversed or that it would be a tie.

Anyway, it was close enough to convince me that there was no particular advantage to neck sizing, other than you don't have to mess with case lube and such.

Oh, another test fired in the rifle was bullets out of the box and those pulled by a collet bullet puller. Believe it or not, the pulled bullets shot better and probably well within statistical significance ... if memory serves, it was .380" vs .480" ... something like that.

My buddy and room mate, Johnny Buffalo, were passing gas and drinking a few beers one afternoon when the rain was keeping the prairie dogs drowned. One of the subjects that came up was pulled boolits versus virgin boolits ... his results were the same as mine.

I believe we also discussed the FL vs NSO thingie, but I've forgotten what his results were. Probably the same as mine, I'm thinking.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397