I'm down to 3.5 pounds of Big Game. I called Western Powders awhile back and they were hoping to get some back on the shelves sometime late spring.

I shoot the 162gr AMAX at 2600 fps from a 7mm-08, 22" Kimber. ES and SD are extremely low, and if the shooter is capable it'll stack 8-10 shots under 1" at 100 yards with ease. The combo has done amazingly well at 500+ yards too.

Always wondered about temperature stability. Yesterday it was high 90 degrees F and that load sat in a hot vehicle for most of the day. At 490 yards, my first 3-shots made a 2" group. My bud's first 3-shots went 4". The heat didn't seem to affect the POI, as elevation was perfect (we didn't hold for wind though). With a good shooter, having 5-shots in a 6" circle (the green area on the steel) isn't uncommon but yesterday's performance was spectacular.

In contrast, my 223 shooting the 75gr AMAX needed 0.3 mils less elevation than normal using RL15. I was shooting just over the edge of the target with my 'normal' drop data. According to JBM, the load gained 70 fps in the heat. Even so, we had 20-shots between the two of us within an 8" circle after dropping 0.3 mils. Other than the heat, it was a great day of shootinggrin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/03/15.