Originally Posted by xxclaro
How did that bullet work on the elk for you? My plan was to use this one for elk this year if I don't get one with the bow.

Worked great and I'm taking the same load this year. Broadside shot at about 30-40 yds behind the shoulder; naturally it exited. The cow turned by the bullet impact then wobbled a couple seconds before falling dead. I've used the 150 TTSX prior (front quarting shot) and it worked too, but I wanted more speed than 2800fps. It is hard to overcome 'old shool' thoughts about bullet weight but really the reason to go heavy with lead bullets is to ensure enough penetration as they lose bullet weight. The TTSX's will not lose weight and probably won't provide the dramatic shock of a BT or Partition but in my limited experience kill just fine when pushed fast. I will note that I'm not a long range shooter and take shots with a bow hunters mentality - I try to wait for a tight behind the shoulder shot and nothing with too extreme an angle where I'm shooting through guts or the hams.

I think of the 130 ttsx combined with the 308 Win as a short action 270, and it is currently my favorite big game combo. Good luck.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince