260Remguy;
Top of the morning to you sir, hopefully this still Sunday finds you well.

With the understanding that I've only got a single Bark River in my current "user" knife rotation - a Mikro Canadian - I've done a fair bit of reading on them as well as used the Mikro quite a bit.

Overall I'd say I agree with the folks who've opined that the blades tend to be thicker than some of us find useful and their edge geometry is typically a love/hate thing too.

Another poster said the steel is soft and again the Mikro is only a single example, but it is softer than say a Paul Bos heat treated S30V Buck blade would be.

Since I'm still on the quest for the "perfect" knife steel and shape, I'm leaning more and more towards something almost as thin as a traditional paring knife, but slightly harder/tougher.

The current bushcraft craze has - to my way of thinking anyway - been giving us thicker blades than I'd find useful for skinning or boning out large game carcasses.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there this morning. Good luck with your knife quest and on your upcoming hunts this fall too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"