I've never seen a #1B that I would call inaccurate. Some were better than others, and some were fussy, but I could eventually get all of them to shoot well with hunting loads. Ditto the #1V, though I haven't worked with as many of them as the B. The ones with bands on the barrel seem fussier, but again that was in the days when some barrels were good, some lousy.

My Liberty #1B .270 shoots very well, and fast. The last time I had it at the range I was sitting on a 50 yard target, and fired it just to check zero. After three shots I had one hole, and started getting nervous. I moved the POA an inch, and a new hole appeared an inch away. smile With a 10x scope at 50 yards the first 3 hot group looked like one hole. That was with a 130gr load that clocked 3165fps smile

This is the same rifle pictured above. It has a ridiculously long throat:

[Linked Image]

With 500 gr Woodleighs I only have .200" of bullet in the case neck. It's still the most accurate big bore I have ever seen.

I'd like to snag a .30-30 #1A, but I haven't seen one in months, and don't remember ever seeing one with really good wood. May have to stick to the .30-40 #1AC smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."