Originally Posted by TWR
Ya ya we know, old, stubborn and cheap. smile

Tried 3 different loads today and swapped out the 10x super chicken for a 6x super chicken, the 77 gr Nosler Custom Competitions didn't shoot any better. The 77 gr TMK's started out fairly decent as seen on the top right target. I let it cool and tried the top left and it just got worse.

Then I tried the 55 gr NBT's and the thing came alive (bottom right), I shot 3 on another target to sight in and they were touching, adjusted the 6x MQ super chicken and shot the 5 you see.
[Linked Image]
Feed it a bullet it likes and the LaRue barrel will do well under MOA for 5, not bad for a skinny barrel!

Hey, just cause its me, ya ain't gotta insult me right away... grin

Looks like you are headed the right way with bullets.

Its amazing that some tubes shoot about anything and others get picky. Then there are the picky bullets, like all the 77s I've ever tried, they'll shoot, but you have to work with em..

Nice to see it snugging up.

FWIW the flip side too, most all barrels take about 100 or so rounds to kind of settle in, and you are able to see what they will do. You might be getting there too. IMHO its probably the barrel building fouling until its full...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....