Originally Posted by woodson
Snagged a Bushnell 4200 3-9x40 for a nice price off our boards. It is destined for my CVA Optima V2. Already have the Blackhorn breech plug. Gonna load either 260/300 grain harvester scorpions. I was about to finish my midway order and realized I don't have any needed ML accessories.

With blackhorn, should I weigh it by way of volume or weight? What all do I need "accessories" wise? Anyone sell useful starter kits?

I weigh my charges and dump them into the BH209 charge tubes. I also use rhe tubes to carry sabotted bullets. The weighed charges (70% of the volume charge) come up to the right mark on the tube, but I just think it's simpler and more exact to weigh. May not make any difference on target. If somebody wants to compare chrono readings between the two methods, go for it.

T/C makes a nice 209 holder set that lets you carry a few spares around your neck on a string as well as some in your pocket or bag. The two holders are rubber and protect the open end of the primer. On the same string you can carry a piece of piano wire for picking your flash hole. A short starter is a good idea, especially for the Scorpions which are kind pointy and might puncture your thumb. I made mine on a mini lathe from an old walnut table leg and an extended brass jag that I coned out to fit the pointy FPB bullets. Barnes sells different shaped seaters for various bullet styles. The polymer starters are light and strong. Look for one that has a hole that fits your ramrod end for seating tight bullets. Get a bunch of good patches because they're hard to find in stores.

A long range rod is handy for cleaning, loading at the range, and pulling bullets. Get one with a muzzle guard. Bullet puller, patch retriever, bore brush, solvent, micro-fiber lens cloth.

What fresh Hell is this?