I headed out west to our friend's ranch near Iraan, TX and met up with SHOOTER for the weekend. This was our first outing of the year in one of the high racks. SHOOTER has installed two sizes of Red LED Light Bars on the front of both of his trucks. They each have 3 brightness levels. They work great. You still need a spotting light for the sides and back to work with them. This was also my first chance to try the Bullet HD Electronic Caller created by our own Byron South and his new company, Convergent Hunting Solutions. To say the least, it worked great. We hunted 9:30 PM until 6:00 Am Friday and Saturday nights. We called in over 20 grey foxes and shot 10. We missed 4 and didn't get shots on the others. We also called in a bobcat, badger, and two raccoons. I shot 6 fox, a badger, and a bobcat (18.2 lbs.). SHOOTER shot 4 fox and a raccoon. He also missed about 118 shots, give or take. As much as I would like to, I can't say he really missed. We checked the AR he was using and found out is was shooting 4" low............not good, especially on grey foxes! After the adjustments were made, he started to live up to his board name again!!

I was using my new Savage 22-250 with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42 BDC shooting hand loaded Sierra #1365 55 gr. SBT's loaded with Ramshot Big Game and Winchester WLR primers.

For the most part, we only had to use two sounds: Cottontail Duo followed by "Byron's Go To" if needed. Out of 18 or so stands, we only 4 dry ones all weekend.

I got a Predator Hat Trick the first night: 4 Grey Fox, 1 Bobcat, 1 Badger.

Hat Trick

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few of my foxes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.