Been looking for a CZ 455 Varmint to serve as a poor man's target rifle. Was in Lincoln/Omaha area for a few days earlier this week and made the rounds of all the local sources as well as the occasional pawn shop. Even PM'ed Darrick at Whittakers. He had one in .22 WMR, but I wanted a .22 LR for the availability of match ammo.

As I headed home today, I stopped off in Kearney to check out the Cabelas there--my favorite one. (It looks and feels like an outdoors/gun store, not a theme park.) All I bought was some bullets that I needed that they had on sale. Headed back through town, I saw an LGS and decided to stop in. He had lots of new guns, but I didn't see any CZs.

After he finished with the previous customer, I asked if he stocked CZs. He allowed as how he did, but he had only one right now, a .22. i asked if I could see it. He pulled out a brand new 455 Varmint in .22 LR! We haggled a bit and it left with me. And it is sleeping at the foot of my bed here in the motel in Raton, NM, tonight.

Can't wait to get it scoped and try some of the Eley target and match ammo that I picked up at the Cabelas in Sidney as I went by.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...