Elk:

The model I have is the standard with monte carlo stock. It has a standard adjustable trigger. The CZ type single set trigger must be something new.

The bluing on the rifle is very good, but the finish on the stock looks like it was applied using a single, well-used Lipton tea bag. Several coats of TimberLuxe and some touch-ups with boiled linseed oil have revealed some pretty nice wood, though. The checkering is pretty poor but, again, we're not dealing with a custom rifle. Oddly enough, the 14.5 inch LOP fits me very well, so I haven't had anything done to it other than changing out the pad, bedding the action, and floating the barrel. I've toyed with this rifle being the start of a semi-custom (slimmed down stock, quarter rib, etc), but so far haven't pursued it.

One item that you might want to consider: I don't know who is importing Zastava right now. FIME/K-Var out of Las Vegas was the importer, but I don't know if they still are. It might be worth a note to both Zastava and FIME to see. The last time I looked, K-Var still had a couple of models but no 7x57s.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown