Did it one time and it was a great trip. Beautiful country and at that time had many black bear; that was sometime in the nineties. I was in a drop camp with one bud and did not take game only because I missed a sublimely colored beige black (it was not a grizzly though they are there too).

Over a week's time in early October we had mild temps though we went in on about eight inches of the white stuff. Another buddy in another camp passed on a smallish bull elk but took a nice muley. Their camp had a grizzly visit one night. Horses almost left the Bob.

Overall, it was a great experience aided by the fact that my partner buddy was a great cook and then one evening for entertainment, he performed an unreal act of levitation while in his sleeping bag. The little kangaroo rat that had been raiding our food stash at night decided to share the bag with him. I still don't know how he, while in the bag like a big cocoon, rose off the cot like a giant dirigible. Made a real strange sound too. He didn't like rodents.