Finally got back Friday evening after being gone for almost two weeks. Both the internet and television, which are provided by our local telephone cooperative, were AWOL. It was county fair weekend and all of the local technicians have kids showing animals. They all are team ropers and ranch rodeo participants, as well, so I had to go through the main office over in Arizona.

A tech from over in Arizona showed up Saturday morning and spent several frustrating hours trying to find the problem. Long story short, a group of javelinas had rooted up a swale about a quarter of a mile south of the house, chewing up the phone line and the fiber optic cable in the process. The phone line was quickly patched, but the fiber optic cable had to be replaced this morning.

So, with the wife still gone, the dog and I had a quiet weekend. It apparently rained a lot while I was gone and the grass in the yard is almost knee-high again. It it has rained just enough every night this weekend to keep it too wet to mow while the temperatures are still moderate in the mornings. Got a lot of stuff done in the gun/reloading room, swapping scopes, brewing up some trial loads to try in several rifles and generally restoring a modicum of order to the place.

Hope I did't miss anything important here. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...