Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That is correct. They don't assemble.

Uberti probably makes more of their SAA's now. They did use ASM one some in the past, but have pretty much stuck with Uberti for their bread and butter.

Cimarron does pay extra for better parts, fit and finish, as well as other historical markings on the firearms. The owner, Mike Harvey pays attention to detail.

ASM is defunct, they get guns from Uberti and Pietta.

No, Cimarron has QC personnel at the Uberti factory. Their guns come off the same production line as those for Taylor's, Dixie Gun Works, EMF and Stoeger. Any difference in finish work is handled by sub-contractors in the US and that is done on completely finished guns.

I hate to say so, but you are wrong, sir.

I used to work at Cimarron. I knew the Uberti family as well, and these events were discussed in my presence without hesitation. (before Uberti was bought)

Mike, that owns Cimarron pays extra for fit, finish, wood quality, bluing, case coloring, and individual markings/stamps. At the factory in Italy.

They DO offer a U.S. finish gun line, or used to... Those were finished in the U.S. Considerably more $$. (by old Colt personnel.)

They do offer some lower end finish work firearms at a lesser price.

They may all come off the same assy line, but the extra is for the details.

A King Ranch Ford, and a vinyl seat work truck come off the same assy line too. wink

That's funny because my information comes from talking to the people at Cimarron. Along with the folks who own a bunch of different guns from the various importers, including myself, plus the several industry folks who I've discussed this with. All of whom see no difference. It's pure marketing.

And in truth, I have a very positive opinion of Cimarron and their guns. I just don't see them as anything special over Dixie Gun Works or Taylor's.