Yep, I've heard Swaro reps say things about several of their products at different times which didn't prove to be the case. Mind you, working in a hunting and fishing store I've found that's typical for most reps of most products.

Basically, there's not much difference between the old and new EL's. The ranging speed is certainly faster in the latest version and as I said, we (three of us) could see a slight improvement optically. As the EL's are Swarovski's most expensive binos, taking into account the cost of the intergral rangefinder, why wouldn't they include the very latest coatings in them?

Can't say I'm enthused with the new harness attachment system as it precludes the use of some very good bino harness systems such as the Kuiu one.

I don't know why Zeiss haven't upgraded their RF binos. Their newer Victory HT binos are better optically than the older FL's the rangefinder binos are based on. The Zeiss HT is one very sharp binocular. Haven't had a chance to look through the new Zeiss SF which apparently were designed to compete with the Swaro SV for the birding community.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal