Bowhnur/ remuglia conjointly:

Thanks kind friends;

I did find the post googling on the internet previously. I just didn't realize it was Bowhunr.

Today I made some changes:

I separated the two steaks. Tossed out all salt and the ziplock which had moisture droplets, on the premise that the salt had maybe absorbed moisture already. Bought new salt. It's cheap as dirt. 54 cents for a canister of a couple cups.

I renewed one steak in a ziplock with salt, separated and wrapped in a paper tower. I loaded a vacuum bag with salt and placed the other steak in - wrapped in a paper towel and vacuumed it. Both into the fridge.

I'll keep tabs on all and post photo's at the end.

_I really appreciate the help and guidance.

On the matter of Jamon Iberico de Bellota:

I stopped in at the specialty store today and they had it
priced 1/4 pound - $49.99. x 4 for a pound. Circa $200. I found it cheaper on the internet but still one whole ham priced at over $700 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is touted as the worlds best. The translation is Jamon - ham; Iberico, Iberian *( That's the Iberian peninsula geographically occupied by Spain and Portugal. Bellota is acorn. Thus Iberian Acorn Ham.

The descendants of wild boars free range in oak planted areas/ranges and feed on the acorns. The hams are aged 3 years salt cured.

The Jamon Iberico de Bellota that I bought didn't have any trace/taste of objectionable saltiness at all. I have not a clue as to why not. But I'm not privy to their secret, proprietary recipes/procedures.

What I hope to accomplish is trying to dry age beef steaks using salt as a mold/bacteria killer without polluting the meat with excessive salt flavor. Thus eliminating wasteful trim.