Friends, colleagues, good fellows and Gals:

Things I have often contemplated! What to hunt and where to hunt it? I suppose I could/should limit scope to North America. But I'll open the door to world wide too.

I've been hunting for a very long time. I'll set the parameters of what and where. Money is a limiting factor somewhat, but waive that. Suppose there are funds for a 6 to 10 day hunt. The game type is big game - not necessarily dangerous big game. The thing that has set me off now is that I have been reading recent books about competent hunters experiences in various parts of the world for various game. This has exposed - to me - previously unknown and unsuspected little pockets of a super abundance of game in great numbers.

The goal here is to search out the best places with the most likely chances of success. For example - when I was young, and not too smart, I made some rather unfortunate decisions and went to the wrong places.

USA & Canada:

Deer, moose, bison, elk, caribou, antelope, bear, big horn sheep, musk ox. In some States it can take years to draw a tag. Shifting to parts of Canada can mean an over the counter tag and seeing, for example, multiple game in a day - indeed in some places hundreds in a day.

Africa:

Some countries are off the list, little or no game. East and South Africa are high on the charts. In some places there is an abundances of some species. In others it's maybe a game farm.

Rest of the world, SE Asia, Russia, South America, Australia, New Zealand:

So lets suppose that I am planning a hunt *( Or hunts ). I'm not particular about what species. Of course there are hunters and there are hunters. Tough question to answer but:

What are the best species for abundance? Where are they located?
Easiest tags to get? Best ratio of success? Best " bang for the buck"?

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 08/29/15.