A Rock Creek barrel in 8.5 tw sounds good, they normally have a slight gain and you will end up with 8tw at the muzzle,

They just shipped me a 30 cal in 8 twist for my 300 Werewolf (308/500 Jeffery) wildcat that will be used to test the new Flat Line high bc 30 cal bullets, and I also got a 375 cal 33" 7 twist Rock for my new long range wildcat project the 375 Warlord based on the 585 Hubel Express, Russell at Rock Creek has been awesome to work with and my orders were filled in less than two weeks, the 375 cal barrel is intended for 375 gr and 400 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullets and Berger Bullets have some heavy 375 cal bullets in the works !

My Long Range Hunter series of wildcats are off the 338 Norma Mag case with maxed case dimensions and throated for long heavy high bc bullets..... have five in the stable 7mm LRH, 300 LRH, 8mm LRH, 338 LRH and 375 LRH, ballistically exceed the Lapua and Rum cartridges in a much shorter coal, designed to run in 5 round detachable magazines from Accurate Mags as seen on rifle in pic .....

Barrel round count should be around 1200 rnds, that is a lot of dead critters !

I have no special connection and undying love for a barrel, it is an inanimate object, a chunk of metal with a hole drilled through it .... The threads cut into it on the fat end make them easy to remove and replace, why do people not get that ?

Last edited by Swamplord; 08/30/15.

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".