Waste? I wouldn't think so. Anything that will get you out to the range shooting more often would be a good thing IMHO.

As for hunting? Dunno. Depends on several factors. I have 2 25-06's that have multiple loads developed for them. Reason is, the first loads were with the unicorn-like Nosler 110 AB. Can't find 'em so I can't spend time shooting either of these at the range much. So, I've developed another load using a much more available bullet - Sierra GK 117.

One of my 243's I tried two different bullets - Nosler 85 partition and the Nosler 90 AB. Surprisingly, they shoot to the same POI. So, I'll carry some of each out on the stand. Depending upon the game animal and the time I have before taking a shot, I may just swap rounds.

Key point to all of this is that developing different and ACCURATE loads for a rifle gets me out to the range more often. And the more I shoot the better my skills will be when the target is something for the freezer.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.