A group of 4 of us were supposed to be flying out on the 6th from Happy Valley for caribou. Our pilot called today and recommended that we don't come. Nothing like shutting it down at the last minute, but such is life with migratory animals and weather.

Three of us are scheduled to fly up on Friday the 4th from the lower 48, and we would still like to come. The fourth member of our group lives in the Anchorage area. So we have a home base of operation that we can work from. We are not against changing to a different caribou herd hunt or change it to a moose hunt, but have a feeling finding an air transport service with an opening last minute is probably not very likely. Open to suggestions! I have a couple different flight services that operate on the north slope I am going to call first thing in the morning to see if we can salvage our original hunt plan with a different air service first, then start exploring other options.

I will be coming up regardless even if its is just to hang with my buddy and do a little fishing, the other two will probably stay home, understandably.

Thanks!
Colin