I think for under $1k there are several options. None are going to be very refined though.
My own experience is with a Baikal IZH-27 Sporting model. Best bang for the buck as far as functionality and endurance, and better looking and finished than when Remington labeled them Spartans (same gun, different label).
I believe I paid about $550 for it back in Peru over 10yr ago. Has been shot thousands of times at doves, ducks, clays, partridge, etc.
It is a little heavy and I did refinish the stock on it, but it is a workhorse that you can take to war atop a tank if need a club to fend of enemies. I have tumbled down, taken spills crossing creeks and it just keeps going. I use it every year when I go back and it just fits me right.
The BRNO ZH series are also very good and old school tough, not sure about availability here, and have a solid action lockup mechanism that is unusual, but functional. I had one, and sold it. Should have kept it as an upland gun as it was lighter than the Baikal.

The newer CZs are nice, but I think they are pushing the 1k mark.
I have seen Stoegers literally falling apart at the range, although a friend really likes his. No comments or experience about Yildiz.