Originally Posted by bigedp51
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If this forum was moderated, the only person getting the boot would be you for being a first class dick head.

The Hornady manual with a 55 grain bullet and H335 lists 23.2 grains as a max load and the Sierra manual lists 27.5

And you call me a dick head for telling the OP to be careful. This subject has come up many times and deals with the throat length of the different chambers.

The SAAMI interchangeability warning between the .223 and 5.56 came out in 1979 when the military changed over to the M885 round and lengthened the throat on its M16 rifles. And I'm a dick head for saying be careful.

And if the OP has a short throated .223 the 25 grain average loading we have given him may be a little warm.

So tell me antelope_sniper how many dick heads here ignore safety when reloading.

And its a simple question from one dick head to another, so how long is the throat on your .223 rifle? My stock off the shelf factory made .223 Savage ignored SAAMI guidelines and made the throat the same length as a M16/AR15 rifle.

So tell me dick head, how many older .223 rifles are floating around with a 1 in 12 or 1 in 14 twist with a short throat.

Signed
Attila the Hun

[Linked Image]

I said nothing about the post you referenced.

I'm referring to your overall anti-social demeanor.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell