Time for a little up date on The Rifle, my Sharps.

Very interesting, the learning curve. Of course just starting that curve. Read and read on the how. I had never loaded any BP cartridge. Learned how to do a basic load.
Loaded 8 rounds and took the rifle to the range and shot them just to see and hear the Sharps. It worked fine.
Came home and loaded another 26 rounds and a few days later took it back to the range for another session. Had fun, 26 rounds does push me and my shoulder. Trying to learn the buckhorn sights on this rifle. Managed the last 4 rounds just on the black target. Was happy with that. Iron sights do push these old eyes.
Reloaded 27 rounds over a few days, got tied up this last weekend so on Tuesday back out to the range.
Remember it's hot out here. Lucky to have some shade to shoot under at the range.
This time, at the range, shot 19 rounds when I guess the pain of a 45/70 off a bench got to me. Ended the day at 19 shot rounds. 11 of 19 were in the target. Not small mind you but I'm just happy to land on target. Target is I guess about one foot circle. This is at 100 yards. Making progress.

Have to rest the shoulder for an up coming dove hunt then back to the bench. As soon as I get tired of 100 yards will move over to the 250 yards and start over on the learning.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~