Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by ironbender
Walker would want it to go through Valdez first.

Originally Posted by mart
I like to see them run a natural gas pipeline from Prudhoe down through Fairbanks to a gas liquification plant in Nenena where it could be barged to bush communities then on down to Pt. Mackenzie. That's probably pie in the sky dreaming and I have no idea if would even be financially feasible but it would be an all Alaska pipeline and could have distribution nodes at every community along the way. Might make for cheaper natural gas and some fuel alternatives for the bush and smaller road communities. The excess gas could be marketed. I think Japan would take all we could produce.

I guess I wouldn't have too much heartburn over that as long as the pipeline stayed in Alaska. However, it would make better economic sense the way I proposed it. It would impact more communities and with a gas plant in Pt Mackenzie and Nenana could provide more jobs to locals than going along the existing pipeline route.

Of course I was being sarcastic.

There has been millions spent in anticipation of the gas plant to go in at Nikiski. Now, Walker is F-ing with that with his Valdez alternate.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender