Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by CRS
I don't think a .22 would've performed like that, but I'm not sure.

You are right, because a 53gr TSX out of my 22-250 would not have been found in the front shoulder, from my experience, it would have exited.

I have tried unsuccessfully to recover a 53gr TSX for many years. I did find a petal off of one once, after my son shot a deer through a vertebrae. Another running shot BTW.

JG, you simply need to admit you are wrong. You do not have the experience with 22 centerfires to make credible statements.

Ingwe, Steelhead, Scenar, myself and a whole bunch of people use them with no problems.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's the Indian that has problems and not the bow? grin

More power to 'ya, seriously. I'll stick with this though...

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Keep in mind I never said it wouldn't work. If I were going whitetail doe culling, aoudad ewe culling, etc, I may try it with head shots, etc, but it would never be my choice for a big deer, big aoudad, or big whitetail killer. Also keep in mind I don't hunt out of stands,etc and usually have as many moving shots as standing still ones.

I do wonder though......let's say you have just gotten an all expenses paid trip to the Jicarilla, big mule deer are the target. Assuming it were legal, how many would show up with a .222?

BTW, my son and nephew, at the ages of 7-12, killed probably 40 TX Hill Country whitetails with a .223....Win Supreme power point ammo, 60'ish gr. IIRC.....so I have seen them kill stuff.

Would you wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding in St. Patrick's Cathedral?

If the answer is NO does that mean that wearing shorts and a t-shirt to the 7-11 isn't acceptable clothing to wear outside?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"