I ment 9.9 not 10 hp are the same as a 15. Mine is a 1975 15 and it is still kicking along perfectly. Just so you will be more informed 74-76 have points and condensers. If I were to be looking for one of those once motors I would look for a 86 to 92 as they have a tuned exhaust and better reeds, the thermostat is also WAY easier to change on those models. Highly sought after motors they are. A dumbazz can work on them, I'm proof of that. Right now I am running a mariner 20 hp 2 stroke 94 model, same as a 25 with smaller carb. Like it better for longer runs but the little 15 is lighter and better in the shallow rivers of tn.

Four strokes are heavy but sip fuel and are quiet. I don't know what your looking for but hope this helps some. Lots of good post already though. Nothing is the best of both worlds as of right now it's either old school or new fangled motors you can't work on but probably won't need to. Also suzuki has a timing chain not a belt (= better) and their fuel injected below 40 hp. Yamaha is carborated below 40 hp. Food for thought.

Good luck.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner