Originally Posted by ingwe
I just used Krylon webbing paint to texture the M7 stock mentioned elsewhere...but Duracoat is gonna be thicker than the paint Im using so Im not sure if it would work and look OK for you.

Thanks. I think Duracoat is uber-thin. It's not completely clear to me what works but I've seen enough orange peel to realize two-part coatings don't jibe well with one-part coatings like the Krylon. Sure like the durability of the Duracoat better as well as two-part automotive clearcoat, which is definitely a no-go over rattlecan. As I mentioned before, the Rustoleum Textured, covered with another color and/or clearcoat to level out as desired, really turns out well in my eye. Just trying to up the durability.

Originally Posted by darrenk75b
There are a few items I've used for various degrees of coarseness. For a very coarse feel, add roughly 1/8-1/4 tsp of Sharkgrip paint additive per Tablespoon of paint(used often on paint at steps or ladders to make them slip-reesistant). You can find it at a paint store like Sherwin Williams.

For a less aggressive texture, use epoxy microballoons that you can get at a hobby store. Use a similar ratio as above. This will feel very similar to a Kimber Montana stock.

Finally, my preferred texture, is to use the microballoons like above, but I paint a texture coat on before the actual color coat. You will only need a about 1 tablespoon of paint for this part. Turn your pressure way down, and paint volume up, so you will get the paint spatter effect. With the microballoons, you can get a texture similar to a mcmillan stock.

Thanks - I think the microballoons is exactly what I'm after. I'll give it a try.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/07/15.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?