Originally Posted by ingwe
Yep. 5 and 1/2 food ultralights with Shimano 750 Sedonas and #10 fire line. Worked on all sizes as usual.

Side note : Provincial law dictates the use of single barbless hooks only, which we prefer anyway cause it makes the pike easier to unhook and release. we are using 2/0 and 3/0 hooks and the OTHER reason for barbless sold itself on this trip. Reaching down for a hooked pike, he threw the 2/0 hook.....into my thumb. It went in past where the barb would be and bounced back out so fast I didn't even have time to scream like a little girl!
Beats spending 15 minutes cutting it out....

Damn good reason to use barbless. Thrashing stripers will ruin your day when you and them are both hooked to a Zara spook. I pinch the barb down when fishing a hot bite I too rather get out and get another fish than fool around with a thrasher that is pinned well.

One thing I can tell ya, never cut one out. Loop a long length of heavy mono around the bend of the hook and press the eye of the hook down against you and with slack in the line yank like hell it will pop out with way less misery.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner