Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I watched Potterfield load ammo for a Roller on one of the TV hunting shows for a white tail hunt in south Texas. One of those ranches that had huge deer everywhere.

I thought I was going to see a proper deer shot with a proper rifle and a proper cartridge. Instead, late in the day, after a couple of blown chances, they finally got on one dumb enough to stand still long enough for Larry to get ready to shoot. Potterfield handed the roller to the guide and borrowed an available bolt gun because the deer had walked off enough that it was too far to shoot with the Roller. The distance? 140 yards. With a bolt gun.

I couldn't believe it. A fraud, and a shot that was a gimme. Broadside at 140 yards, and he can't shoot a Roller well enough to kill a deer at 140 yards? That was the day I quit buying anything from Midway.

Haven't bought anything from them in well over 10 years.
Just drifted over to their on-line "Catalogue" and checked out "Gunsmithing Supplies"
What a screwed up debacle, and complete dog's breakfast !

Check out the hodge podge layout for simple drill rod blanks,....

Link: http://www.midwayusa.com/bars-rods-fasteners-and-adhesive/br?cid=19821&pageNumber=4

HITF is one supposed to find what he's looking for , FAST ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain