I have a Stag 6, a CMMG 16 Bull WASP Upper, and a first experience Homebrew Upper built with economy parts and a Stag NY 16" (Stag Model 3) barrel.

The Homebrew is still in the teething pains stage, but initial accuracy testing has pleasantly surprised me.

On brief reflection, I think the fit and function are effectively/collectively due to the strict commonality inherent in the basic design, combined with the accuracy potential of a good barrel.

I know this can sound like anathema to the hardcore AR enthusiast, and I commend their fervor. I just want a basic AR that works as expected, and costs what I can afford.

The Homebrew Upper's teething issues are due to haste and inexperience on my part, and can be corrected by readdressing my assembly process taking more time and attention. The parts appear to be fine.

My other two Uppers are based on 16" and 24" Bull Barrels, and the Homebrew's lighter weight and better balance are both noticeable and welcome.

Greg

PS The barrel is as described above, the free-float parts are from JTM, the gas system is Roush, and the complete upper assembly came from ARstuff. Aside from the barrel, all components were purchased direct from Amazon, and the entire cost was $438 including shipping.

It is topped off by a Vortex SPARC mini-dot.

Good marksmanship is no accident