Originally Posted by fixitquick79
Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for limited return. I don't really get the purpose of this. The AR platform has it's uses(I have a couple myself) but this is not really one of them. If you want this power in that form why not get a AR10? For hunting you can get a 7mm/08 bolt-action deer rifle that would hold 10 rounds and be a lot lighter and hold up to the dirt etc from hunting much better. You would also not be pushing the pressure limits and having to get custom ammo, etc. That being said it takes all kinds smile if this is your thing have fun.

I'm not sure what "trouble" you are talking about. Building a 7mm VAR is not harder than building any AR-15 its the same parts except different barrel and bolt which is different for all the various caliber/cartridges available in the AR15 nothing is different or special about building a 7mmVAR. As far as loading/reloading its just a set of dies like any cartridge the brass can be purchased from the guy that designed the cartridge which is what I did. In other words nothing different. As far as the AR-15 not being used for hunting I guess you share that opinion with Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein and the rest of the commie left gun grabber fascists. Americans have been hunting with auto loader rifles since the early 1900's. [Linked Image]

Hunting with auto loading rifles is a deep part of the American Hunting tradition as is using the same style rifles to hunt that we used in war. That tradition goes back to the very revolution that formed are country. As far as a bolt being a lot lighter this gun scoped is 9lbs about what my dads wood stock 30-06 weighted scoped.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MSRHunt; 09/17/15.