Originally Posted by fish head
One thing to consider when choosing a topper is get one that doesn't pour rain inside the bed when you open it or have it open.

Some do ... some don't. smile

This^^^^^^^^ can be a bit of a pain in the ---. Depends on what your uses for it are.

I'll second the craigslist idea, find one for your truck and save $$$. You might even get lucky like I did and find one that matches your truck color exactly. I'm not an "appearances" tpye of guy but it does look nice, very similar to the green Tundra pics (mine's a Tacoma, same color). I was thinking I was gonna find a red one that would clash, but Rustoleum would fix that (except for Shrapnel, who it would appear really likes red truck/camper combos grin )

Those pics with the rear window up give a good idea of the way water could pour into the camper shell when wet.

Someone mentioned a rake for getting stuff out. I found a 6 ft boat hook on the road near a boat ramp and it sits perfectly right on the "shelf" formed by the bed rail. Handiest thing I've ever found maybe. Pulls the truck box I keep in there right to me. Straw bales, etc too.

Good luck with your search.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?